Sunday, March 29, 2009

Is that a Buzzing in My Ear?

So I took a couple of weeks off from Blogging. I know, I'm not supposed to, but with Spring Break and a schlew of things to do, I didn't have much time to think about what I was supposed to be thinking about. My brain just couldn't fit it in.

This week though, I have been working on our class podcasts. Did anyone else feel like they were discovering a hidden talent? Like you were breaking into an unknown realm of sound editing and mixing? It was kind of fun. I can even tell you know what the word "um" looks like in its audio state. I am the mixing / editing queen bee. Or is that just the audio still buzzing in my ear?

We interviewed Cynthia Baker of Accolades Public Relations. As one of the forerunners in the realm of using Social Media in PR, the information was insightful and full of useful information. I hope you think so too. Enjoy!

http://myweb.stedwards.edu/mosteen/CynthiaBakerv5.mp3


SHOW NOTES

PODCAST: How Social Media Can Benefit Corporations in Their PR Strategies

Produced, Directed, Edited and Recorded: Alejandra Gonzalez, Monica Hampton, Jaime Masterson, and Ailynn Skinner

00:07 INTRO: Jaime Masterson & Alejandra Gonzalez
00:30: WELCOME: Ailynn Skinner & Monica Hampton, introducing Cynthia Baker
00:46: Overview of Accolade Public Relations
01:25: 1st QUESTION: What are the first steps you advise a client in entering the social media realm?
03:40: 2nd QUESTION: What is the most important social media component for companies to use
04:56: 3rd QUESTION: Who should be blogging within the company?
05:45: 4th QUESTION: Business Strategies, not just PR Strategies are incorporating social media
06:49: 5th QUESTION: How do social media plans differ between sizes of companies?
07:48: 6th QUESTION: How has social media has changed the PR industry?
10:04: OUTRO

Music by: Ariyasamade
Song: Just Relax
Found on http://www.podsafemusic.com/





1 comment:

rcampsey said...

Hey I thought your podcast sounded really great! You guys did an excellent job. I had fun editing and learning through experimentation in audacity as well! This assignment was a lot of fun!