Sunday, February 22, 2009

"All the Little Birdies...

...on Jay Bird Street, love to hear the Robin go Tweet, Tweet, Tweet..."

Welcome to Twitter!

I love the idea of Twitter but to be honest, I'm a little afraid of getting completely addicted to it. My main concern is that I have enough to do with my day. I have deadlines, I have phone calls, I have a projects that are waiting for me to complete. Maybe because I am social, opinionated, and well, probably a little A.D.D, that I think I am going to have to fend off Twitter for a while. I'll be on that darn thing all the time and saying way too much.

I already have to turn off my IM and not log into Facebook during the day, because if my friends see me online, then I'll be getting messages all over the place. I like the concepts of it being useful in PR and Customer Service of companies. I have even observed it being used during a conference, and I thought it was pretty cool. But really, what do all these "Twitter"-ers (?) or Tweeters - maybe just bloggers, then - do for a living that allows them to be on Twitter seemingly 24/7?

It almost seems like the most popular Twitter feeds are populated by people that get paid for doing this. In the real world, I have deadlines to meet, clients to impress, and all sorts of other things that, if I were Twittering all day, would probably not be getting done.

I think I'll just observe for a while longer. Limit my interaction. My A.D.D. will probably lead me back. Someone else will probably peer pressure me into twittering anyway, and then I'll be doomed. Oh well. As long as I keep that song stuck in my head.

1 comment:

Sara M said...

I've never used Twitter before, either. It seems like it's taking over, though. There must be something to twittering if surgeons are using it during surgery and congressmen and women are using it to promote a more "transparent" government.

http://socialmediaprspring2009.blogspot.com/2009/02/twittering-in-operating-room.html

http://socialmediastedwards.blogspot.com/2009/02/my-congressman-tweets-does-yours.html